At Nairne School, our focus is on educating the whole child. This means we take care to develop and nurture all aspects of their education for life: academic, physical, social and emotional.
This is achieved through following the Australian School Curriculum, and South Australian Curriculum Standards and Accountability (SACSA) framework, in line with the Department for Education familiarisation and implementation policy .
Beyond the standard curriculum frameworks, we also embrace the Walker Learning Approach which focuses on empowering and engaging students with their education. This approach endorses the following aims:
- To create a smooth transition between the preschool years and early school years, socially and academically.
- To engage all children with their learning environment in a way that excites and motivates them.
- For all children to understand that literacy and numeracy skills are important and useful tools in everyday life.
- To give children authentic opportunities to practice social skills such as problem solving, conflict resolution, decision making, and independent thinking.
- To give children the opportunity to experience new concepts and experiences.
- To provide children with a more personalised learning experience to enhance their natural capabilities.
- By considering all aspects of a child’s intellectual, emotional and social development, we help them develop into well-rounded, productive individuals.